Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Happy Holidays from Hawaii

  The Blonde One here!

   As you may or may not know, it is  the holidays, which means that everyone has gone back to their hometowns to be with family and friends. Dee and Emily are back in Niagara leaving me to the boredom that is Brampton.
    This is the first weekend in a very long time that I spent anywhere but 299. My Saturday night was uneventful, but i did happen to write down what was going through my mind that night. It reads like this:
     A short and lonely night it was, and i soon grew afraid of zombies. It wasn't a sudden irrational fear of zombies, on the contrary, i have been afraid of zombies ever since i was introduced to Resident Evil for Playstation 1. Now, I don't know if you have played any of the Resident Evil games, but like most other zombie games, they are scary as fuck.
    So, as you see, while sitting alone in my dark kitchen paranoia started to build as i heard creaking and moaning (which turned out to be my Dad making noises in his sleep) throughout the house. Oh ya, I guess the weed probably had something to do with the paranoia as well...but lets just blame it on the Resident Evil for now.
    Anyways, what im getting at is this: Brampton fucking sucks during the weekends. People usually enjoy coming back to their home for the holidays; it's a familiar setting, you are surrounded by your family, and you eat lots of delicious home-cooked meals. I guess majority of those things are true for me as well, but this house is beginning to feel less and less like home, while 299 becomes more and more of a home to me...even though i don't live there anymore.
     At least after a few tokes i am gently rocked back into a euphoric state of mind. The Green Goddess Mary Jane always knows exactly what i need.
     What I learned today: there are no eggs in potato salad; eggs are for egg salad.
 
Happy Holidays from Hawaii!

No comments:

Post a Comment